Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a newly aquired skill


I don't know what it is but the second autumn starts rolling in I get the itch to be crafty. There's nothing like snuggling up with a blanket, a hot cup of tea and a basket full of beautiful yarn. Knitting is the ultimate fall activity. For some reason I can neglect it and out right forget it even exists for 6 months out of the year, but as soon as the cool air rolls in so do my knitting needles.

However this year, I felt the need for a little change. (And no not b/c our newly elected president plastered in on every car from here to oregon) Instead of knitting, I taught my self to crochet and it has become my new favorite love. There is something so simple about twisting the beautiful yarn through your fingers and through the loops. You could almost get lost in the monotonousness rhythm. Hats have become my fancy. Stella almost has one in every color. I mean come on if you have to live on a budget this is a great way to keep your kids stylish! So instead of dozens of scarfs this year, I am making dozens of hats. So watch out you just might find one in your stocking.

2 comments:

  1. The hat is beautiful (and so is the model)! On a random note, I just found out that St. Blaise is the patron saint of weavers & knitters as well as of those suffering throat ailments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture soooooo much. Come here Stella Bella, I'm going to squeeze those cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete