Thursday, October 22, 2009

scheduling sleep

So the amazing sleeping schedule that I had for Stella is MIA. I don't know if it's the fact that we both have been a little under the weather or the fact that it's just sooo much fun to stay up late with momma and dada but she keeps going to bed later and later. I mean last night she was up until Midnight and Chris and I are totally in bed by 11pm kind of people. I guess it doesn't help that I am usually out of bed at 630am and ready to go to morning mass and the past couple days we have been snoozing late to try to beat this bug we have but I'm kinda in a place where I don't know what to do. Let her keep sleeping (which she currently is) and help her body rest? OR Wake her up and hope for an earlier bedtime tonight?

The girl loves to sleep so she will sleep a good 10-12 hours (waking up to eat once) BUT currently it's the wrong hours 11pm to 11am (ugh). And how on earth am I going to be able to move her bedtime all the way back to 7 or 8pm?!

Whew, seems like we may have a few grumpy days ahead.

All you seasoned veterans I would love your much needed advice!

1 comment:

  1. She's almost 3 months right? Sleep schedules kind of fly out the window around that time. But in the meantime, you could do the 15 minute increment thing. Put her down 15 minutes earlier every couple of nights. Wake her up 15 minutes earlier every couple of days. Keep doing that until you have reached a more respectable time.

    ReplyDelete