Monday, October 26, 2009

the shred

Getting back in shape after giving birth was a bit challenging. Usually I am not a"work-out-video" type of person. I can never get past the overly chipper, super in-shape, extremely thin hosts of such videos. I would much rather spend a couple hours in the gym watching my favorite cooking shows. However with this new little bundle of joy I can't imagine dropping her off in one of the swine flu invested nurseries at the local gym. So alas I have conceded and have turned back to the work out videos.

Except that this time I found one! Yep that's right I found a video that I have done more that once. And while the host is still super in shape and slightly annoying her workouts produce results. You may recognize her she is Jillian Michael's from the Biggest Loser. And the video is called The 30 day shred. What I like about it is that it gives me a time frame. I like a schedule. Jillian says try it for 30 days and see what happens. Well I tried it for 2 weeks (can you believe I did a work out video consecutively for 14 days?!) I have to say those 2 weeks kicked my butt! But it's worth it, I am back in my old jeans! Now if I could just do the next 14 days...

I asked Chris to keep me accountable to working out every day and he made me promise this morning to do it. Does writing a post about it count?

Ok maybe if I get out of my pj's and put on my work out clothes I will do it, but I have to warn you you may get addicted!

2 comments:

  1. bahahahaha!!! A swine flu infested nursery?!! Who are you?!!!

    I love it. And I bet you look incredible!

    ReplyDelete